Hello!!!

mei lan

Pursuit Driver
stradial said:
Madea said:
I wouldn't be happy reading two different stories at the same time.

I LOVE true crime, mystery, drama, etc. No romance for me either. :)) I'm not a sci-fi person at all.

I downloaded a ton of stuff for Kindle, but haven't finished any with that. I really haven't enjoyed reading that way.

I still LOVE :love real books, but I have gotten used to me Kindel.

Ditto. Still love books but cannot beat the convenience of the Kindle. And I often read 4 or 5 books at a time.
 

LisaC

I'm here to spin the moral compass.
deewee said:
LisaC said:
This is a fabulous idea!! My next book is Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts." I like to read just about anything that will hold my attention. One of my biggest pet peeves is to start reading a book (even one I just I don't like) and not being able to finish it. And, I can't start reading a new book until I finish the one I am currently reading. And, I am definitely more likely to read in my spare time than watch TV (but y'all know that).

My book choices generally start from the iBook freebies. Some of the authors will do a series of books and will offer the first one free so I will have to buy the remaining books in the series so I can see how it ends.
I'd considered that book. Let me know how you like it. :)


The friend who recommended it, loved it. And so far, it's pretty interesting, but not to the point that I can't put it down.
 
S

stradial

Guest
The book on Custer's Last Stand is written from the indian view point, didn't know that when I bought it.
And didn't care one way or the other when I bought it, still don't.
I hope it get's more interesting though.
 

mei lan

Pursuit Driver
stradial said:
The book on Custer's Last Stand is written from the indian view point, didn't know that when I bought it.
And didn't care one way or the other when I bought it, still don't.
I hope it get's more interesting though.

I've been there, btw - that arrogant arse Custer set them up for abject failure a against the Indians who knew the land and made excellent use of the undulating topography.
 
S

stradial

Guest
mei lan said:
stradial said:
The book on Custer's Last Stand is written from the indian view point, didn't know that when I bought it.
And didn't care one way or the other when I bought it, still don't.
I hope it get's more interesting though.

I've been there, btw - that arrogant arse Custer set them up for abject failure a against the Indians who knew the land and made excellent use of the undulating topography.

Not to mention that the 7th was badly out numbered and the Indians had better weapons.
 

Grey Colson

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea, MrsB and thanks for suggesting it. I just wanted everyone to know it wasn't some self-serving idea of mine.

Of course I love crime thrillers, but I want smart mouth humor in them throughout. That's way my screen name used to be Jack Reacher. Lee Child's books are fabulous and he is one of my favorites. However a couple of the Reacher stories were not quite as good as the rest. It's seems as though they were pumped out under pressure of getting the next book out there. As much as I would like to write for a living, I would HATE to be under that type of pressure.

Neslon DeMille is another favorite of mine. Love Clancy novels when they don't get too drawn out and technical. I'm glad folks are contributing to this board :DN
 

MrsB

Pursuit Driver
Grey Colson said:
Great idea, MrsB and thanks for suggesting it. I just wanted everyone to know it wasn't some self-serving idea of mine.

Of course I love crime thrillers, but I want smart mouth humor in them throughout. That's way my screen name used to be Jack Reacher. Lee Child's books are fabulous and he is one of my favorites. However a couple of the Reacher stories were not quite as good as the rest. It's seems as though they were pumped out under pressure of getting the next book out there. As much as I would like to write for a living, I would HATE to be under that type of pressure.

Neslon DeMille is another favorite of mine. Love Clancy novels when they don't get too drawn out and technical. I'm glad folks are contributing to this board :DN
LOL
It was self serving to me! Haha! All too often I finish a really good book and I want to talk about it, but I have no one to talk to. MrB only reads non-fiction, so he never cares. Lol
 
S

stradial

Guest
MrsB said:
Grey Colson said:
Great idea, MrsB and thanks for suggesting it. I just wanted everyone to know it wasn't some self-serving idea of mine.

Of course I love crime thrillers, but I want smart mouth humor in them throughout. That's way my screen name used to be Jack Reacher. Lee Child's books are fabulous and he is one of my favorites. However a couple of the Reacher stories were not quite as good as the rest. It's seems as though they were pumped out under pressure of getting the next book out there. As much as I would like to write for a living, I would HATE to be under that type of pressure.

Neslon DeMille is another favorite of mine. Love Clancy novels when they don't get too drawn out and technical. I'm glad folks are contributing to this board :DN
LOL
It was self serving to me! Haha! All too often I finish a really good book and I want to talk about it, but I have no one to talk to. MrB only reads non-fiction, so he never cares. Lol

:dunno I am I MrB? :dunno
 
Top